The Lions Club of Maleny Blackall Range is involved in a number of local community projects annually. These include
- helping local citizens in need of assistance
- providing catering support to community activities
- conducting fundraising events to help finance community service activities
- fundraising for the Lions Medical Research Foundation
- organising social activities for Lions members
- conducting the annual Welcome Dinner for new citizens to the Maleny and Blackall Range region
- conducting the Mountain View Challenge (running and walking) event
- The Lions organize 2 dinners annually, to welcome new residents to Maleny and to the Hinterland. These are the "Maleny & Blackall Range Welcome Dinner" held in September at Maleny Showgrounds, and the "Welcome to the Hinterland Dinner" in April at Flaxton Gardens.
Maleny Christmas Street Party:
- Maple Street Maleny, Last Friday night of last school term.
- Lions help out at these concerts.
Lions Christmas Cakes and Puddings:
- Every year, a major Lions fundraiser is the sale of our famous Lions Xmas cakes. Some of these cakes are also iced and decorated, and sold to the public.
Vintage Motorcycle Swap Meet
- Annual event in March at the Maleny Showgrounds. Lions cater to the public for 2 days.
Maleny Wood Expo
- Lions cater for this 2 day event held on the first weekend in May in the Pavillion at the Maleny Showgrounds.
maleny Mountain View Runfest
- In October, runners and walkers gather at this event to participate in events ranging from a half marathon run, to 3 km walks. School participation is promoted. Prizes and trophies for winners.
Maleny Tavern Pub Raffles
- Every Friday – meat trays are raffled at the Maleny Tavern with proceeds going to Lions.
- Our club participates in working bees at the Lions' rural retreat.
Lions International Youth Exchange Program
This Program was established in 1961 to give youth an opportunity to travel to exciting international destinations for up to six weeks. Whilst overseas, the youth live with one or more families associated with Lions International to experience first-hand a new culture, lifestyle and customs. The aim of the program is “to create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world”.
- An annual weekend event involving youth treks, barbeque, and picnics.
Maleny Agricultural Show
- Every May, Lions help out at the Gates of this weekend show.
ANZAC Day March
- Lions march in this annual parade.
Collection of Eyeglasses for 3rd world countries
- Lions provide glasses collection boxes at various outlets.
Lions Youth Of The Year
- The Lions Youth of the Year was the brainchild of the late Jamie Jamieson, a loved and respected member of the City of Brisbane Lions Club. In 1964, Lion Jamie Jamieson formed a committee composed of Lion Sid McDonald (Chairman), Lions Arch Merrin, Arthur Smout and Bill Jones. The Committee was to investigate a Youth of the Year Project. This Committee pioneered and supervised the quest for a number of years.
- For more information, please contact Helen Johnston (5499 9000) or down load our brochure and/or entry form.
- For entrants information guide click here
Russell Park Restoration, Montville:
- Regular working bee's to restore or clean-up various parts of the park land.
- The Lions Emerency Accomodation Centre supports people who find themselves temporarily homeless.
Clean Up Australia Day
- Every year, during Clean-Up Australia Day, Lions gather to collect rubbish from the road side from the Gardner’s Falls recreation area to the Maleny State School..